Thursday 24 May 2012

Why Can't Women Take A Compliment?

Now, I like to think that I’m a fairly decent person and like to give compliments to those that deserve it, whether it be how someone looks or for the work they have done. My compliments are greeted with a smile and a feeling that I have just made someone’s day. But it seems not everyone likes to be complimented as I found out today.


So here I am, walking around town enjoying the sunshine. Everywhere I look is flesh as almost everyone around me decides to go shirtless, short skirts and dresses or tops that reveal a little too much. So I decide that, because the sunshine puts me in a very good mood, I’m going to pay one of these people a well earned compliment.

A lovely young lady was walking towards me, she must have been about 26, 28 and her skin was really really really really great. She wasn’t a natural blond but… sorry, though I was advertising something shit then. Anyway as she got closer I smiled and told her how nice she looked today.

The girl beamed a smile back at me and, encouraged by that, I decided to compliment her further. “And you’ve got an absolutely cracking pair of tits,” I said proudly.

The response I got was somewhat muted.

I wasn’t sure whether it was what I said, how I said it or the fact that I prodded her breasts as I spoke, but the smile quickly disappeared. As I stepped away, everything started moving in slow motion. I became aware of her right hand moving up, palm facing towards me ready to strike. Even Jedi reflexes could not have saved me as the hand struck me hard across the face and I stood, motionless in the street, unable to comprehend what had happened.

I convinced myself that it was a one off so I told the next woman I met exactly the same thing, and the next and the next but all reacted in the same way. Maybe their reactions had something to do with the sun and I pondered this inside the police van on my way to the station.

Why can’t women accept compliments like that? I was only saying how good they looked. It wasn’t like I’d gone up to them and completely slated them or anything. It was a simple, little compliment and I thought women liked that. Evidently not.

As I autographed some sort of register, I realised my mistake; I hadn’t taken my sunglasses off. If I had, they would have seen the sincerity in my eyes.

Ah well, you live and learn. I’ll try again as soon as my court order is spent, which should be around 2030, that’s the year, not at half past eight tonight.

May the force be with you

Jedi Master Bob

Follow me on Twitter if you want @FedUpJedi or Fed Up Jedi's Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment