Wednesday 18 January 2012

Jo Frost Is To Blame

I saw an article today about an episode of Coronation Street. Now I don't watch that bag of crap myself as I have a life, but apparently, one character was seen to give his wayward daughter a slap across the legs as punishment. This has prompted many complaints who say this is violence against children and sets a bad example.

And to make this complaint worse, some arsehole called Phillip Noyes from the NSPCC said "Parents can obviously be pushed to the limit on occasion but there are more positive ways of correcting a child's ­behaviour than smacking them.

"It simply sets a bad example and teaches children that violence is a solution. Children tell us it leaves them scared and confused and the NSPCC believes it simply gives out the wrong message and breaks down the trust between child and parent."

Bollocks.

It shows the child who is in charge and exactly what it means to be disciplined. When I was younger, if I was insolent, disobedient or stepped beyond the boundaries set by my parents, I got a whack for it. If it happened in public, that was ten times worse as the embarrassment was enough to stop me doing it again. Other members of the public would look at me and laugh and I'd be so ashamed I'd behave myself for the rest of the day.

But now, if you smack your child, especially in public, you run the risk of these do gooders moaning at you and ringing the police. What kind of message is that to the child? A while ago, I had to discipline my son in public. I didn't hit him, instead I made him put back the toy I said I would buy him. He did it, but was crying his eyes out. I felt bad for him but stood my ground. Yet one woman looked at him and she said 'awww, you've really upset him haven't you? What's your daddy done to you?" I told my wife to take the children out of earshot, approached the woman and told her, and I quote, "whatever has happened with my son is none of you fucking business and if you interfere in mine, I'll break your fucking legs."

Of course I had no intention of doing so, I could have just force choked her (if I knew how, that's a Sith trick), however the look on her face told her to keep out of my business. At the end of the day, who the hell is she to start telling me how much I have upset my own son?

It raises the debate about smacking and whether it's acceptable. Is it teaching violence? I don't think so. the reason why our children are out of control is bacause parents are not allowed to discipline in the way we were brought up. Powers have been gradually stripped away, not just from parents, but from teachers and police and the government couldn't give a shit.

If you ask me, one person to blame for the state of our children is Jo Frost. Yeah, fucking supernanny who has studied children's behaviour. She has this system of rewarding naughty children for everything good they do. The only problem is, when you then ask a child to do something, they ask 'what do I get for doing it?'

I remember watching one of her programs and a lad was 'cured' yet he as playing football with his sister and he whacked her in the leg. The dad went over and asked him why he'd done it and she, sat on the side said 'don't antagonise him.' Yeah Jo frost, ignore the bad and praise the good. No wonder our kids are so fucked up these days. Here's one for you; have some kids yourself and see how you get on. You won't find it so easy then. Mind you, you'd have to convince someone that shagging you is a good thing so good luck with that.

What really irks me though, is that if we as parents smack our children, we are the bad ones and risk losing them into care, yet mothers can buy their children vouchers for plastic surgery, botox and boob jobs yet are seen as fit mothers. How the fuck does that work? Where are the NSPCC when this happens?

The thing is, people love to turn a blind eye to reality situations like the plastic surgery example and instead focus on fictional situations to complain about. At the end of the day, it was a fictional character issuing fictional punishment to another fictional character. I thought soaps and shit like that were all about imitating real life. How can they when people continually complain about it?

I think it's time the people of this country got a grip on reality and stop complaining about every little thing they see on TV just because they don't like it. Well, if you don't like it, don't fucking watch it. And if you do watch it, don't fucking complain afterwards.

Rant over.

May the force be with you

Jedi Master Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment